Welcome to Hometown Sales and Leasing! We pride ourselves on fast and friendly service, outstanding selections, and making each customer's purchase enjoyable and easy. This strong commitment to customer service has helped us become one of the best locally owned and operated rent to own companies serving Central and Eastern Virginia. Our first store opened in 1985 and our family has been serving your family ever since. We now operate 8 locations, and have expanded our products and services to fit growing and changing customer trends over the years.
Hometown Rentals of Virginia is a privately owned rent to own company. This allows our company to show a unique brand of individuality when compared to our national competitors. We believe our position in the marketplace allows our customers to enjoy a broader spectrum of choices and savings opportunities. We look forward to continuing this tradition of dedication and service while helping you with all your home furnishing and home entertainment needs.
Please click a link below to find out more about the products and services we offer. Then, call or visit us and join the thousands of satisfied customers in Virginia who already appreciate our payment options and benefits.
What is Rent to Own
The unique "rent to own" transaction sprang up in the 1960s in response to a growing consumer need for acquiring the use of household products without incurring debt or jeopardizing the family's credit. Rent to own customers come from all walks of life, and desire consumer durable goods in their homes without the long-term financial obligations associated with credit sales.
What distinguishes rent to own from a retail credit sale is that there is no interest charged to consumers, no credit is needed, and customers can return the merchandise at any time. This no-obligation, no-debt feature is the cornerstone of rent to own. It's easy, it's safe and it's hassle-free. Free replacement, repair and delivery are included.
Rent to Own Transaction
Rent to own agreements are normally established for payment periods of weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly.
At the end of the week or month, the customer can either terminate the agreement without any cost or obligation, or renew the agreement by making another advance rental payment.
If the agreement is renewed a prescribed number of times and the customer meets the terms of the rental-purchase agreement, the store conveys ownership of the item to the customer.
At the onset of the agreement, the customer is told very clearly what that prescribed number of renewals is, and the total dollar amount in rental payments he or she will have made by the time ownership is an option.
Early Buy Out Options
Every customer has the option to buy out each rental-purchase agreement early in order to take advantage of cash saving benefits towards ownership. Our "Early Buy Out" option may be exercised at any time during the term of the rental-purchase agreement.
The "Early Buy Out" program is an opportunity for savings up to 30% - this sum is the amount needed to be paid, plus all applicable sales tax, in order to "Early Buy Out" the rental-purchase agreement.
Terms of "Early Buy Out Option"
- If the "Early Buy Out Option" is exercised in the first 90 days, 100% of the total rental dollars paid will be subtracted from the established cash price.
- If the Early "Buy Out Option" is exercised after the first 90 days, 30% of the total rental dollars paid will be subtracted from the remaining agreement balance.
- The Rent to Own industry is composed of dealers who rent furniture, electronics, major appliances, computers, custom wheels, tires and other products with an option to buy.
- There are approximately 7,500 stores.
- Rent to Own has been an identifiable U.S. industry for more than 30 years.
- The rent to own industry serves 4.1 million customers (households) at any given time in the year.
- It is estimated that the rent to own industry currently serves more than 6 million customers a year.
- Previously rented items are refurbished and re-rented at reduced rental terms with all the great services of renting new product - free service, free delivery, free loaner, no long-term obligation - just a great way to save money on pre-rented merchandise!